Transformer Installation Overview
Transformer Location and Mounting Instructions
- Select an appropriate location to mount the transformer, make sure transformer is within four feet of GFCI protected power outlet.
- Be sure to locate the transformer in an area that has proper ventilation.
- Use a level to aid you with marking the wall where the transformer will hang.
Low Voltage Cable Connections
- Pull your home run wires to HUB locations starting with the longest run first.
- Number the end of each home run at the HUB and Transformer.
- After all fixtures have been placed and Hubs have been connected, gather all home run wires at the transformer.
- Connect all your home run wires to the 15v or 26v tap to load the transformer.
- Starting with your longest home run remove it from the 15v or 26v and connect to the 12v tap.
- If the volt meter reads 9 volts, you will need to add 3 volts at the transformer to compensate for the voltage drop. You would need to connect this home run wire to the 15 volt lug terminal (12 volts plus 3 volts equals 15 volts) The target voltage at the HUB is 12v.
- Follow the same procedure for each home run wire remaining.
- 24 volt systems follow the same steps.